Episode 4: Tanaka, Fred. You Know the Guy
We’re back again with a special double shot of the Midnight Brew! This is our first “cuppa joe” episode, where we cut loose and go off-script to just shoot the breeze and talk about the latest news, pop culture, tech, Japan, or whatever else strikes our fancy. Sit back and relax while Angela Troianos and I take you on a whimsical journey through a world where coconut oil can serve as a milk substitute in coffee (at least in theory), Epson printers are the spawn of evil, and a man invents a way to close his garage door from the comfort of his bed.
The Midnight Brew - Episode 4 "Tanaka, Fred. You Know the Guy"
Episode 4 (November 13, 2014)
Show Notes for This Episode
Links of Interest:
- How to Be Polite by Paul Ford (on medium.com
- "What to Do When the Stove Talks Back (and Other Problems with Smart Appliances)” from Digital Trends
- The better thermostat from Nest.
- The Galapagos cell phone, courtesy of the Japanese cell phone industry.
- A brief summary of Japan’s bubble economy (and the resulting, cautionary tale of its lost decade).
- Japanese Rail and the Amagasaki Rail Crash.
Got a question or comment about this episode? Drop us a line and let us know.